Monday at any time
Tuesday in the evening
Wednesday in the evening
Thursday in the evening
Friday in the evening
Saturday in the evening
EducationGraduated from Rowan University in May 2015 with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. Graduated with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.21. Was also enrolled in the university's College of Writing Arts from 2012 to 2014, but left the program in order to focus on getting a job in Journalism. Also completed a course in Tutoring Writing during my time enrolled in the college.
Graduated from Warren Hills Regional High School in 2011.
Experience-Graduated with honors from my major.
- Held informal individual tutoring sessions for interested classmates at college.
- Completed a Tutoring Writing course at Rowan University.
- Have worked for and been published by numerous regional publications, such as The Star-Ledger, The Express-Times, The South Jersey Times and The Daily Journal.
- Enrolled in the Rowan University College of Writing Arts from 2012 to 2014.
- Recipient of the New Jersey College Press Foundation’s award for News Reporting and General Staff Excellence during time as Editor-in-Chief of Rowan’s student-run publication The Whit.
- Recipient of the Sam Donaldson Communication Award scholarship.
- Graduated with a 3.45 GPA in writing-intensive courses, including Writer’s Mind, Creative Writing, Evaluating Writing and American English Grammar.
- Former volunteer for Big Brothers Big Sisters program.
- Voted “Best Writer” in high school superlatives.
- Scored 1780 on SATs.
Everybody thinks they're a bad writer. It's very easy for any student to pull up an essay they've written and rattle off what they think is "wrong" about it. We all spend so much time in the process of thinking in our writing that we ingrain the frustrations that come with it more than we do the excellence that comes out of it.
The truth is that there's no such thing as bad writing. That's what I tell anyone I've ever tutored who opens with, "I'm a bad writer." Often, the person that says that just simply hasn't had the right person reading their drafts or asking them questions about their writing process. They're the most susceptible people to remembering those frustrations over the excellent thoughts they tried to articulate.
I know I can be the right person guiding a frustrated writer, because I've been it many times before. I've copy-edited dozens of stories per week for Rowan's award-winning newspaper, The Whit. I've worked with classmates on their persuasive, analysis, narrative, "cause and effect", fiction, and opinionated essays. I helped a friend with a reading disability improve her essay grades to A's without changing anything that she's writing.
That friend doesn't call herself a "bad writer" anymore, because she knows better than that. I'm a cheap, young, professional writer with some downtime and a growing interest in teaching and writing.
HobbiesI'm a big fan of New York sports teams, current music and movies. I have a 16-year-old brother that I get along with better than I do most people. As a tutor, I'm hard-working, but have always been complimented for being patient and positive. Being a very recent college graduate, I know how tough it can be for a student not understanding some assignments, and I never stretch thin in trying to explain it.
10th Grade Writing, Essay Editing, Fiction Writing, History, Journalism, Literary Analysis, Persuasive Writing, US History, World History, Creative Writing, American History, 9th Grade Reading, 10th Grade Reading, 11th Grade Writing, 11th Grade Reading, 12th Grade Reading, 12th Grade Writing, 8th Grade Writing, 8th Grade Reading, 9th Grade Writing, Writing
Client Reviews (1)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.